Friday, September 25, 2009

Here Underneath It All

Written September 21st 2009

It’s another second
Another minute
Another hour
Another day
Just one more week
One more month
And then it’s one more year
Fifty two weeks
Twelve months
And three hundred sixty five days
And every one ticked on by
I kept telling myself that I’d get better
That I’d do better
That it was just one more day

Wasting moments
Wasting opportunities
Wasting talents
Wasting precious potential
Wasting so much time
As I watch my life just waste away

Round and round
With the beat of the drum
Chasing myself into dizzy spells
Spent energy in the circle I keep getting stuck on

Another tear
Another lonely day
Wasted time searching for a meaning
Wasted another part of my life away

I know if I want the things that I’ve been dreaming of
That I’ve got to make a change
But where do I start
In the middle of this chaos and confusion
I’m picking up the pieces
Not knowing what I’m building
Where it’s going or where I’m meant to be ending up

Looking for an answer in amongst the questions
Knowing that what I’m searching for is in me
That home that I’d been longing for was here all along
And so lies the precious gifts that I’ve been given
Here somewhere underneath it all

No comments:

Post a Comment